Illacrimo WordPress theme: validated and fixed.

As you maybe noticed, i am using the excellent Illacrimo theme for wordpress on this blog because, basically, i was lazy to code and design my own theme, but most importantly, because i just loved this one.

In any case, there were some minor problems about this really wonderful theme:

1. It was not Valid XHTML
  2. It was not Valid CSS
  3. There were some minor discrepancies around different browsers (specially in the search box)

So i just fixed the whole HTML and CSS code to be 100% valid, and i also corrected the minor CSS related problems in regards to the search box.
I also did some other minor modifications regarding the line and letter spacing on the fonts to make it “easier to the eyes”.

Please note that this theme includes MY OWN ADSENSE code on it. In order to remove or replace the adsense block with your own, you MUST edit the files single.php and sidebar.php and replace the adsense block with your own. I added adsense directly inside the template to avoid the use of an extra plugin.

Also, in order to create the “info” box (like this one) or the “quote” box, you need to use a span with “info” or “quote” as the class name:
<span class=\"info\">the text for the info box goes here</span>

If you want, you can download the “fixed” version by clicking here.

9 Responses to “Illacrimo WordPress theme: validated and fixed.”

1. Hi, thanks for fixing other bugs. They actually hung me up and couldn’t figure out what to do for a while but did manage to upload your version and override old version.

One problem. It say it is not widget enabled. Could you help? Sorry to be a bother but I am so new at this and know just enough to be dangerous.

Thanks again.

Carol

by Carol Jones, October 1st, 2007 at 3:28 pm

2. It says that it is not widget enabled, because the version that i used as base is, actually, not widget enabled.
    When i have the time i will try to do this same work for the widget enabled one.
    Cheers.

by Diego Massanti, October 1st, 2007 at 8:26 pm

3. Thanks so much. I LOVE this theme and am building my blog. I thought in comments from lifehacker it said it was widget enabled. So sorry for the trouble – i must have missed something.

Thanks again,

Carol

by Carol Jones, October 1st, 2007 at 9:11 pm

4. Good Job. :D
    I didn’t have time for that.

by Elena, October 5th, 2007 at 9:07 pm

5. Hey Elena, thanks for the comment, and thanks for the theme too. Cheers.

by Diego Massanti, October 6th, 2007 at 11:57 am

6. I’m still seeing an error with I.E. 7 and SP2 on Line 2, but the code looks good to me. Very confusing.

by UIQO, October 13th, 2007 at 12:30 am

7. Thanks so much I’m using the theme on my site

by sara, November 12th, 2007 at 2:04 pm

8. Hi Carol,

There were originally 2 versions of this template released, of which one was widget ready. The second one was the one named illacrimo_wr which was the widgety version, but it too has a css glitch on the search box.

Thanks for the fix, I am sure that in time there will be a wr variant fixed. but kudos to the author, it’s very cool.

by casinoMOZ, March 18th, 2008 at 4:19 pm

9. PS: I just uploaded your css file over my old one, hoping to fix the search box and leave the template widget ready – it seems to have worked!

Party on.